I found a picture of this on Pinterest & it looked delicious but I couldn’t find a list of ingredients anywhere. I eventually found a recipe, but adapted it a little
It was delicious. I served it in tortilla bowls instead of with tortilla chips, but it was just as delicious, if not more delicious. It is also healthy, which is an added bonus for me in my efforts to lose weight. My goal is to lose 14 lbs by May, just under 10 lbs to go!
This dish serves 6
- 3 Chicken Breasts – cooked & shredded
- 1 Bell Pepper – chopped
- 1 can Black Beans – rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups Grilled Sweetcorn
- 2 small Tomatoes – diced
- 4 Spring Onions – chopped
- 1 head Lettuce – chopped
- 1/4 cup Cilantro – chopped
- 2 ripe Avocadoes – diced
- 1/4 cup Light Mayonnaise
- 1 cup Greek Yoghurt
- 1 tbsp Ranch Seasoning (check for gluten-free if needed)
- 1 tbsp Taco Seasoning (check for gluten-free if needed)
In a large bowl, combine all the salad ingredients
In a small bowl, mix all the dressing ingredients together & pour it over the salad to taste
Top with crushed tortilla chips
NOTE: To grill the corn take a baking tray & 1 1/2 cups of frozen corn. Spread the corn across the tray, drizzle with olive oil & salt & pepper. Broil on high for 5 minutes & voila!
UPDATE: 25 March 2013 – This is so delicious that I made it again for dinner tonight!